Functions and responsibilities of Health department
Deals with the product clearance of
- Health Insurance products
- Personal Accident Insurance Products
- Travel Insurance products
- Health plus Life Combi products
- Non-Life Package products where Health is one of the components.
- Reviews Advertisements filed by insurers, relating to Health Insurance business.
Registration of Standalone Health Insurers:
- Process the applications for Registration of Standalone Health Insurance Companies.
Other matters relating to insurers:
- Offsite monitoring of insurers on the Health insurance business.
- Disposal of applications received for appointment and remuneration of CEOs/Whole Time Directors of Standalone Health Insurance Companies.
- Approval for places of business for Standalone Health Insurance Companies.
- Review and analysis of the Health insurance data.
Third Party Administrators (TPAs):
- Registration and Renewal of Registration of Third Party Administrators (TPAs)
- Review of returns/offsite monitoring of TPAs.
- Preparation of Regulations, Guidelines, circulars relating to Health Insurance business. Undertaking review and amendments, if needed.
- Handling litigations, court cases etc.
- Coordinating with IIB.
- All matters relating to Health Insurance forum.
- Attending to the Parliament Questions.
- Disposal of RTI applications.